Monday, February 27, 2017

At long last - a new post!

A post
Looking back, I realized that I have written exactly one post in the last year.  There are reasons for that.  I used to be a prolific blogger and wrote at least a couple of times a week.  I sewed a lot and posted most of it.  Then as my children have aged and gotten busier with their own activities,  my own life got a lot busier as parent.  I sewed less and less new things, but started a business to do sewing an alterations for others.  I skipped taking pictures and blogging, but missed that aspect.  I really haven't sewing much that is new and interesting, but I need new clothes and DH has requested a few new things as well.

A  year ago, I lost both of my parents just a month apart.  My father passed away at the end of January last year and my mother followed on the first of March.  This past year has been a hard one, both in terms of missing my parents but also in executing their estate.  That is nearly done and I am very grateful.   I am still finding it hard to regain my interest in sewing, but I finally have a new skirt ready to cut out for the Diva and I have a surprise birthday gift planned for Sprite that I need to work on.  

To add to the insanity of our lives, my husband and I decided to purchase a small house close to his parents -- sort of circling the family wagons after my own loss.  While a great idea in theory, the house we purchased is a 1890s farm house and in need of a lot of updates and repairs.  What makes it even more challenging is that the house is located 300 miles from our current home which means that we can only work one or two weeks per month on it ourselves.   DH is determined that we will move there permanently after our eldest graduates from high school so we will be making a lot of trips in the next 15 months.

I want to go back to blogging my sewing -- I miss having a record of the things I have made -- and I want to blog the renovations to the house.  I considered starting a new blog for the house, but the house renovations are really a short term story (though I am sure it won't seem like it).  I will tag all the house posts with OldHouse and my sewing with the usual tags and you can pick and choose what you want to read.

So, thanks for reading this little update and I hope to post again today with the story of the house.

No comments: